11 Oktober 2007

Datafountain

"In the morning paper, I can read the weather report as well as the stock quotes. But when I look out of my window I only get a weather update and no stock exchange info. Could someone please fix this bug in my environmental system? Thanks."


Koert van Mensvoort, "Datafountain", in action, currencyrates refreshed every five seconds

Also hat der holländische Künstler und Computer-Wissenschaftler Koert van Mensvoort (> NextNature, klar) mit Hilfe der Datafountain dieses Problem gefixt. Die Datafountain zeigt die Kurse von 3 Währungen in Echtzeit an. "This fountain is connected to money currency rates on the internet. It is realtime! Refreshed every five seconds. Currency rates are closely interconnected; their interdependence is visible in water. The design of the casing was kept as minimal as possible. The water is the thing to look at and listen to."